We are 1,200+ Moms, Dads, Wifes, Husbands & Children that live and work in the Treasure Valley of Idaho. We are advocates of local control over broadband infrastructure in ADA County, Boise, Eagle, Garden City, Meridian, Kuna and Star, Idaho!
We are here to inform the community and work with our officials to deploy responsible technology to our community and throughout the state of Idaho. Digital and wireless devices have provided many benefits, however, we are now realizing that the rapid adoption of this novel technology has not been accompanied by adequate regulation, monitoring or safety precautions.
We are demanding that our cities to STOP approving permits on 4G & 5G Wireless Broadband, Small Cell Facilities, deployed every 500′ through out our city streets, exposing us to Hazardous Pulsed Electromagnetic Radiation when it’s not needed or required by the 1996 TCA or FCC. There is NO need!
What is 5G? Question and Answers
Dave Dehaas from Living Waters interviews Cathy Cooke, Hank Allen, Dr Ann Huycke and Brandon Thompson to understand the controversy surrounding 5G and wireless broadband.
Broadband Facts and Terminology
Federal law mandates that everyone should have equal access to “telecommunications services” or Phone calls. This comes in the following forms:
- Wireless; 2G, 3G cellular technology, voice, texting, Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint, etc…
- Wired: Copper pair wire home phone service, PacificBell, AT&T, etc..
We agree and encourage city planners to provide services to all areas with gaps in coverage.
Federal law also mandates that everyone should have equal access to “Information Services” or Broadband. This come in the following forms:
- Wireless: 4G, 5G, Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint, etc…
- Wired DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic, Sparklight, Century Link, Frontier, CableOne, etc…
We agree with this statement too. Enfact we encourage city planners to provide us with the best and fastest Broadband speeds possible.
Wired Broadband and Wireless Broadband are NOT Functionally Equivalent Services
We already have access to wired broadband in our communities. Look for yourself at BroadbandNow.com. There is NO Need for wireless 4G & 5G Broadband!
- Access to Telecommunications Services “voice, texting & small data” via Wireless (Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile).
- Access to Information Services “broadband, & big data” via existing wired technology (DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic, Sparklight, Century Link & Frontier). If there is a gap in either one of these services then it needs to be filled.
We would like to clear up some common misconception:
- “Telecommunications Services” and “Information Services” are not subject to the same 1996 TCA and FCC regulations.
- Saying No to 4G& 5G Small Cell Facilities to will not affect your voice and texting cell coverage .
- The 1996 Telecommunications Act and the FCC do not have the authority to regulate Placement, Construction & Modifications of 4G & 5G Broadband Small Cell Facilities.
- Local governments hands are not tied when it comes to regulating its Telecommunications Infrastructure. They simply need to provide access to one form of each service.
Quoting from Judge Millett’s 2019 Ruling in Case No. 18-1051, Mozilla et al. v FCC
” The 1996 Telecommunications Act creates two potential classifications for broadband Internet: ‘telecommunications services’ under Title II of the Act and ‘information services’ under Title I.
- Title II [telecommunications service] entails common carrier status, see 47 U.S.C. § 153(51) (defining “telecommunications carrier”), and triggers an array of statutory restrictions and requirements
- Title I “information services” are exempted from common carriage status and, hence, Title II regulation.
The judge’s discussion then continues onto mobile service, showing that the FCC’s Restoring Internet Freedom Order, 33 FCC Rcd. 311 (“2018 Order”) classified broadband Internet as an “information service,” see 2018 Order ¶¶ 26–64, and mobile broadband as a “private mobile service,” see id. ¶¶ 65–85 . . . therefore the only wireless service that remains as regulated Title II is wireless phone call service.
- A “commercial mobile service” is [regulated Title II] and subject to common carrier status, see 47 U.S.C. § 332(c)(1)
- From 47 U.S.C. § 332(c)(7)(C)(i):
- “Personal wireless services” means commercial mobile services, unlicensed wireless services, and common carrier wireless exchange access services;
- A “private mobile service” [is unregulated Title I] and is not subject to common carrier status.
That’s right. As of Oct 1, 2019, the FCC now regulates only phone calls. That means in mobile service, FCC now regulates only wireless phone calls.
The fact that in mobile service, the FCC now only regulates wireless phone calls is very germane to the City of Petaluma’s Planning Commissioners
Cell Tower Map Boise
The National Toxicology Program (NTP) and thousands of independent peer-reviewed scientific studies overwhelmingly reveal serious and irreversible health and safety dangers to vulnerable citizens, especially children, pregnant women, EMF hypersensitive, elderly persons, and numerous others suffering from chronic diseases.
5G is active in Boise, one of the first experimental cities in the US. Our current 4G LTE technology relies on about 200,000 cell phone towers around the U.S.
But 5G needs a much denser network, meaning many more cell towers of all sizes all over the place. The fact that these things have never been proven safe — and that worrisome science is cropping up around wireless technology — is cause for concern. Idaho Residents taking action to help our state/city officials regain control over where large cell towers and 5G small cell towers can be placed. Slow down the 5G Fast Track for safe science to evolve.
Discussions include wireless radiation, EMF, cell towers, cell phones, smart meters, smart cities, wifi in schools, health and safety issues and the science related to these devices. Credible information and research on the health risks of wireless in schools and what all parents can do about it. Be Informed/Keep Calm and Take Action. Sleep, Immune System, Cancer, Brain ADHD, Autism Sperm Damage from Wifi routers, video games, cell phones, home cordless phones, Fitbit, wearable.
We urging our public utility to expand its current Fiber-optic networks to “All Locations” that will enable data transmissions that are much faster, more reliable, safe for humans, and far more secure from cyber and physical attack when compared to any wireless network which relies on sending data via pulsed, microwave radiation (Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE, and 5G). In addition, fiber-optic cables use only a fraction of the energy required by wireless networks.
Let’s work together, sit at the table and hash out a plan that works for everyone. Join our mailing list to be included in the discussion!
How else can you can help? Here’s what you can do today, yes, TODAY!
- Please forward & share this message with your Facebook friends. Our local City Councils’ need to see how many people in the community support our mission.
- Encourage your friends and family to join us by add their name to the list of supporters.
- Volunteer with us as we need legal, educational, and much more.
- Kindly donate to assist with our legal fees.