We represent thousands of Idaho residents who choose to live in and treasure the natural beauty of our state. Wireless devices provide many benefits that we continue to recognize in homes, schools and businesses.
We are here to inform our community of its rights as pertains to Wi-Fi technology and work with our elected officials to offer responsible technology to our cities throughout the State of Idaho.
The growth of Wi-Fi small Wireless Transmission Facilities has been fast and exponentially powerful as higher frequencies continue to saturate the air space around us and come into our homes, our schools and businesses. Boise is a test city for this technology. You an see the map here with 350+ towers in the works.
We are here to raise the alarm on the rapid adoption of this novel technology. There is currently little to no monitoring of power output nor safety precautions by our Idaho government. These small Wireless Transmission Facilities are being placed in our neighborhoods next to our homes without our consent.
We are demanding that our cities STOP approving permits on 4G and 5G wireless broadband small Wireless Transmission Facilities which are blanketing our streets with harmful radio wave frequencies in the form of pulsed microwave radiation. This is also called Effected Radiated Power.
CURRENT CITY FOCUS: BOISE
We want the City of Boise to:
- STOP approving permits on 4G & 5G Wireless Broadband, ‘small’ Wireless Transmission Facilities, deployed ubiquitously throughout our neighborhoods.
- Speak with our group so that we can inform city council members, the city attorney and mayor McLean about the liability issues they are subjecting the City of Boise to.
- Acknowledge the impact this liability has on taxpayers throughout Boise and Ada County.
- Understand that adequate coverage is already provided within a ½ mile radius of all 30 large macro towers in the area. No new cell towers are needed for 3-5 bars on your phone for calls and data.
- Provide a needs test of Title II phone service outside the home in Boise neighborhoods for every small Wireless Facility Transmission application.
- Inform the public of the City of Boise’s long term plan. How many facilities will they ultimately give permits to install? How will this change the look of our neighborhood streets? Are we talking hundreds? Thousands?
- To acknowledge that this is not a ‘right of way issue’ but rather a land use issue as pulsed microwave radiation travels out of 4G/5G facilities onto our streets, into our yards and into our homes.
- Understand the difference between FCC Title I, FCC regulated phone & txt. VS: Title II (Broadband Big Data for streaming, movies, gaming,etc, that allows you, the City of Boise regulatory authority over where you will allow these ‘small Wireless Transmission Facilities. Title II also gives cities the ability to regulate the power that is being emitted from them as well as height and width of fixtures attached.
- Acknowledge the impact on property values when a small Wireless Transmission Facility is put near a person’s property.
- Ensure city staff STOP approving deficient applications that do not meet Boise City Code, nor FCC guidelines.
What is 5G? Question and Answers
Cell Tower Map Boise
We are a group of volunteers tirelessly working towards the safety and health of our community! Here is how you can help:
- Volunteer coordinator position
- Volunteers to contact schools with adjacent cell tower structures.
- People to write letters to the Boise City Council
- People to attend online Planning & Zoning commission meetings
- People to attend City Council meetings for Eagle, Boise, Meridian, Star, Garden City and Kuna
- Generate informational materials for schools and public meetings
Please contact Carla @ 208-484-2872 if you are ready to get started or just need more information.