Idahoans for Safe Technology Foundation, Inc. is a not for profit 501C3. We represent thousands of Idaho residents who choose to live in and treasure the natural beauty of our state. Wireless devices provide many benefits that we continue to recognize in homes, schools and businesses.
We are here to inform our community of its rights as pertains to Wireless technology and work with our elected officials to offer responsible technology to our cities throughout the State of Idaho. See our Wireless Ordinance Presentation given to the City of Eagle.
The growth of 4G & 5G Small Cell Wireless Transmission Facilities has been fast and exponentially powerful as higher frequencies continue to saturate the air space around us and come into our homes, our schools and businesses. Boise is a test city for this technology. You can see the map below with 350+ towers in the works.
We are here to raise the alarm on the mass deployment of this novel technology. There is currently little to no monitoring of power output nor safety precautions by our local city & county governments. These Small Wireless Transmission Facilities are being placed in our neighborhoods next to our homes without our consent.
We are demanding that our cities to adopt a safe Wireless Zoning Ordinance. Current wireless ordinances allow unneeded 4G & 5G Cell Towers to blanketing our residential streets with harmful microwave radiation. The City of Boise code allows cell tower antennas 30 inches from homes and is approving new towers every day.
Let’s be smart and keeping cell towers a safe distance from residential neighborhoods and school zones. High speed large bandwidth “Broadband” internet should and for the most part already is safely hardwired to our homes and schools. We are advocates for DSL, Cable & Fiber Optic “Hardwired” Broadband, NOT 4G & 5G “Wireless” broadband. Hardwire broadband is faster, more secure, and does not emit harmful microwave radiations 24/7.
What is 4G & 5G? Question and Answers
CURRENT CITY FOCUS: EAGLE
We want the City of Eagle to:
- To review and implement the proposed Wireless Ordinance that was submitted to City Council on Jun 18, 2020.
- IFST Powerpoint Presentation given to Eagle City Council meeting on 6/18/2020
- Copy of the Proposed Wireless Ordinance for the City of Eagle.
- Please send the Mayor and City Council an email requesting a safer wireless ordinance.
- Mayor, Jason Pierce: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eagle City Council: email@example.com
CURRENT CITY FOCUS: BOISE
We want the City of Boise to:
- STOP approving permits on 4G & 5G Wireless Broadband, ‘small’ Wireless Transmission Facilities, deployed ubiquitously throughout our neighborhoods.
- Speak with our group so that we can inform city council members, the city attorney and mayor McLean about the liability issues they are subjecting the City of Boise to.
- Acknowledge the impact this liability has on taxpayers throughout Boise and Ada County due to the fact that you do not know the fixtures (canisters & antennae you are installing).
- Understand that adequate coverage is already provided within a ½ mile radius of all 30 large macro towers in the area. No new cell towers are needed for 5 bars on your phone for calls and data. 0.002 uW/M squared is all the microwave radiation needed for strong cellular service in your neighborhood.
- Provide a needs test of Title I phone service outside the home in Boise neighborhoods for every small Wireless Facility Transmission application.
- Inform the public of the City of Boise’s long term plan. How many facilities will they ultimately give permits to install? How will this change the look of our neighborhood streets? Are we talking hundreds? Thousands?
- To acknowledge that this is not a ‘right of way issue’ but rather a land use issue as pulsed microwave radiation travels out of 4G/5G facilities onto our streets, into our yards and into our homes.
- Understand the difference between FCC Title I, FCC regulated phone & txt. VS: Title II (Broadband Big Data for streaming, movies, gaming, etc, that allows the City of Boise regulatory authority over where you will allow these ‘small Wireless Transmission Facilities.
- Acknowledge the impact on property values when a small Wireless Transmission Facility is put near a person’s property.
- Ensure city staff STOP approving deficient applications that do not meet Boise City Code, nor FCC guidelines as these permits are being approved WITHOUT documentation of any proposed fixtures being assembled on the small cell towers. This means NO ONE KNOWS what the potential of ERP(Effected Radiated Power) is being put up!
Cell Tower Map Boise
We are a group of volunteers tirelessly working towards the safety and health of our community! Here is how you can help:
- Volunteer coordinator position
- Volunteers to contact schools with adjacent cell tower structures.
- People to write letters to the Boise City Council
- People to attend online Planning & Zoning commission meetings
- People to attend City Council meetings for Eagle, Boise, Meridian, Star, Garden City and Kuna
- Generate informational materials for schools and public meetings
Please contact Carla @ 208-484-2872 if you are ready to get started or just need more information.